I was very excited to receive a package on Friday containing not 1 but 15 Raspberry Pi model B+. Over the summer holiday I will be upgrading my Raspberry Pi lab at school to use the new models.
I am not going to write a detailed blog post about all the differences between the B and B+ model as this has already been covered on other blogs and websites.
Key features of the new Pi (model B in brackets for comparison)
- Broadcom BCM2835 SoC full HD multimedia applications processor (same for model B)
- 512 MB SDRAM @ 400 MHz (same for model B)
- MicroSD card for storage (SD card)
- 4 USB ports (2 USB ports)
- Power rating: 600mA up to 1.8A @ 5V (750mA up to 1.2A @ 5V for model B)
- 40 GPIO pins (26 GPIO pins)
Some of the other key features include:
- Composite RCA is now shared with audio
- Smaller design
- More GPIO pins