At the start of the summer I had got to a point with my printing on my CR10S that I could hit print and be almost certain that I would get a good print. This was the point where I decided that my focus should shift to the finishing and painting of models.

My first few attempts have been poor (mainly because I haven’t painted anything since primary school!).

This latest print was the first where I actually feel proud of my work and think I am starting to make progress.

This is the model used.


19 hours later …


Lots and lots of supports to remove …


Primed print


First coat …

and now the final result ….




For the first time I used a paint sponge to add the rust / dirt effect.

Really looking forward to the next model.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.