Using the Raspberry Pi in the classroom?
I have been using the Raspberry Pi in a club and workshop setting since the very start. I have also made a tentative approach to using it in the classroom to support teaching.
In September it will be a new challenge when I use the RPi as the main teaching tool for a number of units I will be delivering. We will be following the NCCE resources and scheme of work which are very well resourced with many worksheets.
One of the big constraints I will have is that the Raspberry Pis can’t be connected to the school network and will be using the PC monitors.
To avoid having to print out all the resources I decided to create off-line versions of the resources and including them on the school Raspberry Pi image.
- Open each of the Word Documents and convert to html
- Create a simple html page with links to each resource
- Add a menu item with suitable graphic
- Ensure that all documents have permissions to stop students deleting them
- Add this to the official master Raspberry Pi image used for school